Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chapter One: Juliet Comes to Save Romeo

"You like our notes, Makeup Fag?" Mark asked as all his friends started laughing. I tried to stop my tears, but as I look at my locker, they're starting to fall.

FAGS wear nail polish
Suicidal Freak
Short Penis
Go cry, emo kid!

"How short is your penis? Like, what? An inch?" Jack joked.

"I don't think he has one at all!" Hayden added. Everyone laughed even harder.

"Oh look! The fag's makeup is in a mess!" More laughter.

Ally caught my eye. Her face looks absolutely upset as she frowned at me. The look on her face gave me the feeling that she does care and is sorry for me. But why in the hell should she feel sorry for me? I'm the worthless Makeup Fag, Suicidal Freak, Emo Kid, and Wrist Cutter. Oh, and Food Dumpster.
"We better leave before we're late for class. AND because we don't want to inhale any more fag germs!" Kevin said as they left for their classes. I tore the notes down from my locker furiously, slamming my forehead against it as I cried.
"Les?" I heard an adorable voice say my nickname that no one will call me. It sounds like Ally. I didn't respond though. I don't want the girl of my dreams to hear me crying. She wants a guy who acts like a man, not some bullied boy who cries all the time. The bell rang, so I think Ally's gone by now. I turn around to see her still there. I turn back around quickly. "I'm going to try to get to courage to talk to you..." I heard her speak up as I kept my look at my locker and heard footsteps walk right behind me. "I'm sorry abou---"
"You're not sorry about anything! Why the hell do you care in the first place?!" I yelled, then I took a breath. "Just leave me alone." 
"Oh, okay. I didn't know I was bothering you. I'll go." And I heard her footsteps walk away.
I banged my head on my locker. "What in the FUCK did I just do?!" Ally finally spoken to me. The perfect girl that I have fallen in love with. The shy girl. The beautiful girl. The smart girl. The sweetest damn girl in the world. And I just told her to leave me alone?! I need to go home and get smacked with the belt by my dad again. He's right. I am so f***ing stupid!
I decided to skip class. Like I usually do. Opening my locker, I pulled out my sketchbook. The book I have my drawing of Ally in. That I haven't finished yet. I put the book underneath my arm with my pencil and run down to the bathroom. I sit down on the cold bathroom floor in the stall, turn to the page of my drawing of Ally, and started trying to finish it. I flip back my long bangs out of my eyes and start shading in and drawing more of her hair. 
The bell rung fifty minutes later, it's lunch, and I still haven't finish my drawing. I like taking my time on it. I want to make the drawing perfect. So when I do get the courage, I'll show her it. I jumped up on my feet and went to open my locker. Thank God there's no notes. I slid my sketchbook back in there and took out my notebook of poems. My poems suck, but I still like to write them. I sat down at the round table right next to the window. No body ever sits there. Just me. About ninety percent of the poems in this notebook is about Ally. Which I will never let her see. This is the first time I've brought this notebook to lunch. I hope no bully will take it and emb---too late.
"Oh, what is this?" Peter came and started flipping through it.
"Give it back!" I said softly, trying to snatch it back.
"What did you say, Food Dumpster?" Him and his friends laughed. "Ooo, a poem about Ally, let me read it." Yeah, bringing my notebook to lunch. Perfect plan. "Everyone, listen up!" I kept trying. "Suicidal Freak has been writing poems about Little Miss Ally. Now a.k.a Mrs. Food Dumpster!"
Ally's eyes grew wide. And everyone near her started pushing her.
"Okay, let me read the first one."
I slammed my head on the table.
Peter cleared his throat. Trust me, my poems SUCK. And everyone starts to laugh.
"With her dark brown hair
And her pretty green eyes
How can you blame me that I will stare?
Every class that we have together
Even though we're far apart
Still it beats the cold weather
Sure, the bullies will bully me
But if only I was with her
I could be happy, still it wouldn't be
I only wish I could tell her
That I see her as God's angel
To see a smile from that, I'd prefer
And another thing I wish I could say
Is Ally, I'm desperately in love with you
Well, that'll be the day "
Everyone started laughing even harder. Pushing Ally around.
"Mrs. Suicidal Freak! Mrs. Suicidal Freak! Mrs. Suicidal Freak!" they chanted.
Melanie punched her hard. Then said, "We have another FREAK in the house!"
"FREAK! FREAK! FREAK! FREAK!"
I ran up to them, trying to save Ally. But Jaka punched me back hard with her elbow.
"GET OFF HER!" I hollered.
"Awh, Suicidal Freak's trying to save his freaky wife!" Travan teased. I narrowed my eyes at him. 
Ally screamed. I turned as I saw Hayden punch her harder than Melanie and Jaka had done. Her ex-best friend. I heard they had been best friends since birth. And I heard Hayden ruined it. I started getting pissed. Especially when Little Gay Justine slapped her hard across her face. I'm not into violence, but I have to. I pulled my fist back further, punching him smack across his puny ass face.
Everyone kept yelling. "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"
"WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE?!" Everyone stopped suddenly as Mrs. Gillerd yelled right from the door of the caferatria. No one said a word. "OH MY GOD!" She ran straight for Ally who had a bloodied nose, black eye, cuts around her face. "WHAT HAPPENED?!" God, this is all my fault! I ran right out of the room and locked myself in one of the stalls in the boys' bathroom. I pulled up my sleeve, took out my razor from my skinny jeans's pocket and started one cut. It looks like I have a million of them.
"IT'S ALL MY FAULT!" I cried as I punched the stall wall. I kept my forehead on the stall wall as I looked down at my wrist, still cutting as the blood rushed out. I put my razor blade back in my pocket as I think I've had enough. I've f***ing cut for Ally.
The bell rung a few minutes later, so I went to my locker, seeing...
Mr. & Mrs. Suicidal Freak!
F*ck your wife
Have little suicidal babies!
I grabbed my drama book with a frown on my face. When I walked into drama class, I didn't see Ally there. I feel like stabbing myself. Literally. But when I reached my table, I noticed Ally sitting in the chair beside mine. She has a cotton ball on the side of her forehead taped on. Her black eye looks awful. And her lip is cut, which I didn't see before.
"Do you mind if I sit here?" She winced.
I smiled wide nervously, sitting down beside her, but still feeling that I'm about to wet my pants. "I don't mind at all. But why are you sitting here?"
"No one wants to be near me, so Ms. Hanigan said it'll be best if I sit next to you. Because she knows you're a really nice guy." She gave me a sad smile.
"God, this is all my fault. I mean, look at you and how people are treating you. I'm so sorry. I should have never came to this school in th--"
"I'm freakin' glad you came to this school. And it's not your fault. People here are just immature. And that poem you wrote was SO sweet," she said quietly, smiling brightly.
I felt like I am about to explode of happiness. "Really?"
"Yes, really." She giggled, then turned serious. "And I'm sorry about earlier. I should have left you alone."
"No! It was me. I wasn't feeling good, so I said that. I didn't mean it at all. And I should be the one apologizing. Sorry for being rude about it."
Ally smiled, nodding.
The bell rang, and Ms. Hanigan stood in the front of the room. "How is everyone?"
"Good," everyone said with a few saying, "Fine."
"We'll be doing a play on Romeo & Juliet. Now we'll be going to the stage to audition. This will take through your next class, too." She clapped her hands together once.
"Yay!" Everyone yelled happily.
We approached the stage, everyone sitting down in seats. Ally came to sit beside me.

"In this hat, I will pick which one boy and one girl who audition first." Ms. Hanigan said. She pulled out a piece of paper, unfolded it, and read "Lester and Ally." Everyone groaned and made disgusted noises. "Be mature!"

Ms. Hanigan handed me a script and handed Ally a script. I grabbed it and walked nervously to the stage with Ally. Walking up the steps, we ended up in the middle of it. "You two may start! And try your best! And you also have to do what it says Romeo and Juliet did."

"You won't get a lot out of that!" Joseph yelled. Everyone laughed a few seconds.

Ms. Hanigan gave me the signal by her eyebrow.

I took Ally's hand in mine as we locked eyes.


"If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle sin is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss." I said.

"Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly devotion shows in this,
For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss." Ally said.

"Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?"

"Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer."

"O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do.
They pray; grant thou, lest faith turn to despair."

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake."

"Then move not, while my prayer’s effect I take."

I looked at the script again, my eyes growing wide at the sight of Kisses her.

"I know what you're looking at, Lester. I have to see how you two will do." Ms. Hanigan smirked.

Ally and I stared at each other for a few seconds until we started leaning in. Sparks went off when our lips touched. I feel as if I can faint right now. This kiss was everything I thought I would feel when I kissed her. No, actually, it's more. So much more. We pulled back, staring at each other with wide eyes. I shook myself so I could get back in the moment of the script.

"Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged," I said.

"Then have my lips the sin that they have took."

"Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged!
Give me my sin again."

Then we kissed again. We pulled away a bit, but our foreheads touching.

Nobody but Ms. Hanigan started clapping. "That was PERFECT!"

Ally and I sat back down at our seats. I noticed Ally's hand resting on the armrest. Taking the courage, I softly rested my my hand on top of hers. She looked at me quickly, then down at our hands. She intertwined our fingers together.

"Your hand is sweaty." She giggled.

My ears grew hot, and I chuckled as she squeezed my hand. I squeezed hers back.

Everyone went through their turn for auditioning. Then it took awhile for Ms. Hanigan to pick who's Romeo and Juliet for the play. I felt Ally messing with my hand, and I love the feeling. I started messing with hers. She giggled while I smiled.

"Okay, I pick that Lester and Ally should be Romeo and Juliet for the play!"

My body felt all happiness inside. I looked over at Ally who had the biggest grin on her face. It's contagious.

"GROSS!" Jesse yelled, creating laughter.

"Maturity, Jesse, maturity!" Ms. Hanigan growled.

All of us left when the bell rung. Ally and I walking side-by-side. We disbanded for our lockers. 

"No notes, thank God!" I whispered, opening my locker and putting my drama book back in. I don't have any homework or whatnot, so I didn't grab anything out. 

"BOO!" Someone yelled in my ear as I was walking toward the buses.

"Oh, sh*t!" I tried yelling softly.

I heard Ally's adorable laughter.

"Well, that was rude," I teased playfully.

"I'm sorry. Forgive me?" She put the miserable pouty face on.

"How can I not forgive that face?" I started playing the same way, holding her face in my hands.

She giggled sweetly. 

"Ew, the suicide couple!" Mark ran from us after he said.

"You have Bus 64, right?" Ally asked me.

"Yeps." I didn't ask her because I already know she does.

We stepped on the bus and sat down on my seat. After a few seconds, I felt Ally's hand lay on top of mine. I looked at our hands, then up at her and smiled with my teeth. I turn my hand around and intertwine our fingers together.

"Les?" Ally says my name.

"Yeah?" I respond.

"Who do you wear long sleeves when it's hot?"

I should've known she would ask this.

"Uhhh..."

"You can tell me anything, you know."

"Okay..." I pull up my arm sleeve. Showing her my cuts. She places her hand gently on my scars.

"I shouldn't say don't do this anymore, but I'd be a hyprocrite."

She pulled down the black and purple arm glove she always wears. It revealed multiple cuts. I noticed fresh ones, too.

"You cut?" I whispered as low as possible, shocked. I never thought she would cut.

She pulled the arm glove back up. "Yeah, so I understand cutting."

"If I promise not to cut, will you not cut?" I tried making her promise.

She smiled wide. "I promise."

I held up my pinky, and we hooked ours together.

"Hey, do you have a cell?" Ally asked.

"Yeah, do you?"

"Yeps." She looked in her bag and brought out a black Sharpie. She took my hand and started writing on it. I looked at it, reading 434-532-3144. I looked up at her. "That's my number. Call if you can." I smiled, nodding. She put her Sharpie back in her bag.

My stop came up a while later. Ally stood up to let me get off the bus, then she sat back down. I walked in my house, scared about what my dad will do this evening. I didn't see him, so I rushed into my room and picked up my cell phone. Weird since my dad hates my guts. But he always wants to know where I'm at. Not that he cares if I get hurt. Just so he knows I won't get in trouble and he'll have to get involved. I looked at my hand, about to dial in Ally's number, but I remembered... she's probably not at home yet. So I just sat on my bed, looking at my phone. Waiting for the right time to call her. I stared at the phone for what seemed like hours, but was only thirty minutes. I then decided to just call her to see if she's at home yet. I dialed her number and after three rings, she picked up...

"Hello?"
"Hey, this is Ally, right?"
"Yeah, this must be Les, right?" She giggled.
"You are correct!" I said like a game show host.
She giggled again, and I smiled.
"So... whatchya doing?"
"Nothing, ju---"

"Who are you talking to?!" my dad hollered.

"No one!" I lied, scared now.

"Don't lie to me, you worthless piece of sh*t!"

"Les, is everything okay?"
"I-I-I'm fine. Really."

"Give me that phone!" my dad demanded.  He snatched it right out of my hand. "Who is this?!" I heard talking on the other end. I winced. "You do NEVER call my bad excuse for a son's cell ever! He doesn't need friends! Especially from a slutty talking girl like yo---"

"DAD!" I yelled.

"Don't DAD me! You are not talking to this slut!"

I started getting pissed.

"She's NOT a slut!"

"She's probably some prostitute who lives on the stree---"

I tackled him to the ground.

"Les, is everything okay?!" I heard Ally yell.

"Y-yea---"

"I'M GOING TO WHIP YOUR ASS FOR THAT!"

"LES!"

My dad left and came back with a sharp wire. My eyes grew wide.

"DAD! Don't do this!"

"I AM! WITH YOUR WORTHLESS SELF!"

"LES?!" Ally screamed.

I screamed when the wire hit my back.

"LES?! ANSWER ME!"

I cut the phone off. I didn't want Ally to hear this. More whips and more screaming. I finally was able to stand up. My dad came at me as I squeezed myself against the wall. He threw me against the floor and whipped me for the billionth time it seems. That's when I heard sirens and doors opening then closing.

And I heard, "LES?!" Ally's voice.

"Don't go in there!" someone yelled.

"DON'T TELL ME NOT TO GO IN THERE! THE BOY I'M IN LOVE WITH IS IN THERE!" I heard Ally scream. "LES?!"

"Come in here, and I will kill you! I MEAN IT!" my dad screamed at Ally.

"Don't come in here." I mouthed.

I know she can see the blood coming from me. The big stain of blood on the carpet. She stepped closer, hung on to the wire, and kneed my dad in his crotch as hard as she could. He fell to the ground. Ally stood over him.

"The boy you call a bad excuse for a son, well he's worth everything. Especially to me, and I'm fuckin' in love with him. So if I ever see you near him again, I will get my daddy's shotgun, and I will kill you," Ally told him calmly. She's in love with me? I smiled. I can feel myself getting dizzy. Everything started looking dizzy as hell. "Les?" I suddenly fainted. "LES!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment