Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Chapter Three: Pretty Basic

"Les, I can't wait until tonight when I make you a man," Ally said.

"HUH?!" I burst out of my sleep when I heard that.

I heard Ally's hysterical laughter. "You fell for it!"

"That's not funny. You know by now how I get." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Awh, I'm sorry, babez." She pinched my cheek.

I narrowed my eyes more, but with a smirk on my face. She quit and laughed. She bent down and sat on her knees, resting her chin and arms on the side of my hospital bed. I couldn't keep inside how I see her, so I've just got to say it...

"You're so beautiful, you know." I smiled, not being able to take my eyes off her.

"And you're so perfect, you know." She smirked.

I chuckled. "You're the one who's perfect. Not me."

"Babes, I'm not perfe---"

"YES, you are." I interrupted her.

Ally took my hand and started intertwining our fingers together, then undoing, then doing the same thing over and over again.

"Your hand's sweaty again." She giggled.

"Oh my God! How is my hand always sweaty?!" I held my wrist with my other hand, staring at it.

"Because you're nervous. It's cute." She smiled that adorable smile. My ears grew hot. "Your ears are red." She giggled again.

"What do you NOT notice?" I chuckled, facepalming her forehead.

She grabbed my hand and started playing with it.

"I'd be the luckiest girl ever," she suddenly said, looking at our hands.

"If what?" I asked.

"You know."

"I don't know."

"I'd be the luckiest girl ever if... only I..." She looks absolutely nervous. "...never mind." She squeezed my hand. I'm not just going to let her leave me hanging like this.

"No, tell me."

She took a deep breath and sighed. "I'd be the luckiest girl ever if only I was... y'know..."

"No, I don't know."

It looks like it's taking all the courage she has. She let go of my hand and stared down at her lap. "Your girlfriend..." My eyes grew wide. Is she f***ing serious?!

"You can't be serious."

She looks absolutely heartbroken. "Sorry I even said it. I should have known a boy like you couldn't like me."

"No! I didn't mean it like that! You do remember my poem, don't you?"

She looked up at me with innocent eyes. "I think so."

"And what do you mean 'a boy like you'? All I am is a bullied emo cry baby who cu---"

"NO, YOU'RE NOT!" My eyes grew wide as I jumped up by her sudden outburst. "Stop talking about yourself like that, Les! It's not fair for me to hear that from you!" She pointed to herself. "Listen to me, Les." She grabbed my hand and squeezed it hard. "You want to know why I'm talking to you and being with you?" I raised my eyebrows with a small smile. "Because you're Lester Lewis."

"But I'm not---"

"You want to know who Lester Lewis is?"

"Who?"

"The most beautiful boy I saw when I attended Pave View in ninth grade. The one I had always admired from afar even though he was bullied by the low life crowd. The one I was afraid to speak to because I thought he couldn't like a girl like me," she said honestly.

I leaned in. "And you know who I want you to be?"

"Who?"

"My first and only girlfriend."

Ally giggled and brought me into a kiss. She stood up a little, pulled up a chair, sat down, and still without breaking the kiss.

"Ooops! I didn't know you two would have a make-out session here. I'll leave!" The lady who I saw yesterday who must be Ally's mom.

"MOM!"

Ally's mom laughed out loud. "I'm sorry, sweetie. I was just going to see if you two would like two cheeseburgers from Burger King or something?"

"Sure! Would you, Les?" Ally looked over at me.

"Sure." I grinned.

Ally's mom left, and I turned back over on my back, making a wincing noise and squeezing my eyes shut at the pain of the wire.

"Les!" Ally whined.

"Don't worry. I'm fine." My voice sounds really strained because of the pain.

"I wish my---you don't mind if I call you... my boyfriend, right?"

I chuckled with a grin. "I want you to."

"Okay, then." She smirked. "I wish my boyfriend didn't have to go through that. You didn't deserve that BS."

"Come here," I said, motioning for her to lean closer with my index finger. I kissed her.

About thirty minutes later, Ally's mom came in.

"Here's the cheeseburgers!" she sung, bringing in two Burger King bags.

"Thanks!" Ally and I said at the same time.

We started eating the cheeseburgers and talking about whatnot. After a while, Ally's mom came back in.

"I think we should go," she told Ally.

"Can I stay here over the night?" Ally asked.

"You have no where to sleep," her mom responded.

"I'll just sit up and sleep. Pleeeeeeease?" Ally begged.

"Ally, as much as I want you to stay with me, you should go home and sleep. The chair is no place to sleep. It's uncomfortable," I told her seriously.

Ally sighed, looking disappointed. "Okay, I guess I'll see you tomorrow." She bent down, leaned in, and kissed me gently, running her fingers through my hair. "I love you," she whispered.

"I love you, too," I whispered back. Just as soft.

She left, and everything just went by in a slow, boring pace. Bathroom. Dinner. Reading. Watching television. Bathroom. Television. Sleep. Pretty basic.

No comments:

Post a Comment