Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chapter Two: Ally's Parents are Taking Me In

My eyes fluttered open. I then remember what happened last night. My dad. The wire. Ally saving me. Where's Ally? I turned my head over to my left, my back burning as I move, and I wince from it. I see Ally sitting on the chair beside my hospital bed sleeping. How long has she been here?

"Ally?" I whisper. "Ally?" I nudge her.

"Lester, I didn't mean to! I was just so---" Ally stopped when she realized she was awake.

"Did mean to what?" I asked, cocking my eyebrow.

"Uhhh... haha... nothing..." She laughed nervously.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"What?"

"Nothing!"

"Come on! Tell me!"

"No!"

"I need to tell you something serious. More serious than that."

"Oh God, what is it?"

"It's not bad. Well, one part is bad, one part isn't."

"Then what is it?"

"Your father is in prison."

It took me a minute to take that in. "Then where do I go?"

"That's the good part." Her smile grew on her face.

"Yeah?"

"You need foster parents---"

"How the hell is that good?!"

"Let me finish. My parents are taking you in."

"Seriously?!" I exploded of happiness.

"Yep, and trust me, my parents are VERY nice people."

I chuckled, then said, "I won't have to sleep on the couch, will I...?"

She burst out with laughter. "No, you fool! We have an extra bedroom."

"Phew! 'Cause couches mess up my back." I teased.

"Your bedroom will be beside mine."

"Cool." I smiled wide.

"I've been wanting to ask you a question... ever since I came to Pave View in the ninth grade..."

"Yeah...?" Is she going to ask what I hope she's going to ask?

"I've always been scared to ask you because you always looked like you didn't want to talk to anybody. And you just wanted to be by yourself. I was scared to even speak to you. Because even though everyone has always bullied you about you being emo, I always thought different."

"Different?"

"Yeah, like, they say you're... not good-looking, let me say... I say you're..." She looks like she's too nervous to say it. "Les, I honestly think you're so damn beautiful. I've just got to say it. I'm sorry if it creep---"

"You really think that?" I interrupted her, a smile crept on my face.

"Think? I know that. If only you could look in the mirror and see what you actually look like. You'd see how beautiful you are. The kids back in high school, they're fuckin' idiots, Les. They are fuckin' idiots. They bully you because they have nothing better to do. The popular ones, well, they're so full of themselves, but they actually do think they're ugly themselves, so they put it on you so they'll feel better. And the others... well, they just do it to fit in with the popular crowd. Les, whatever they say isn't true. You aren't ugly, you aren't weird, you aren't stupid, you aren't a fag, and even if you cut and even if you are suicidal doesn't make you any different from anyone else. And I don't want you to cut, because everything about you is beautiful. And I don't want you to be suicidal. Because if you died, I wouldn't have the boy that I've... I..."

"I'm what?"

She then stared at her thumbs that are fidgeting on her lap. "I've... fallen in love with from the very first day. I never saw what the bullies saw when they looked at you. I saw the perfect boy." She wiped her eyes. "I don't understand why they bully you." By her voice now, I can tell she's crying. "I don't want you to go through that. It's not fair..."

"Ally, look at me." She looked at me, and I know she can see the tears about to fall from my eyes. "No one has said anything even near to what you said... to me." They started to fall. "You really are the girl I've needed all along. And I'm so f***in' in love with you!"

Ally stood up quickly, bent down, and kissed me suddenly.

"I've always wanted to hear that," she said just inches away from my mouth.

I took her head in my hands and pulled her back down into my lips. God, I want her so much. But three things that are keeping it back: We're not married, she probably doesn't want it to be with me, and the pain from the wire and the cuts in my back are killing the hell outta me right now.

I made a wincing noise, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Les?! Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied.

"I wish you didn't have to go through all this." She rested her hand under my shirt on my stomach.

Don't rub. Don't rub. Don't rub. I begged Ally, but in my mind. Her hand rubbed back and forth. I felt as if my eyes rolled back in my head. I bit my lip to hold back the moan that's coming. I couldn't breathe. God, why do I have to get turned on so much SO easily?!

"What's wrong?" Ally asked. I could hear a hint of tease beneath her voice.

Oh nothing, just the fact that you're trying to torture the f*** out of me right now.

I could say that, but I won't. "Nothing." When I get like this, my voice goes in a high whine.

"Are you sure?"

I can't hold back the moan any longer. So I moaned... big time. My eyes grew wide, and Ally smirked evilly.

"You liked that?" She giggled.

"Dammit, Ally."

She giggled again.

"Just stop, please."

"Awh, okay." She kissed me.

"Ally?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

I smiled. I grabbed Ally's hand that was resting on the side of the hospital bed. I heard her giggle which made me smile more. She intertwined our fingers together.

"Ally, it's time to go home. To do you know what." That must be her mom.

"Oh, right." Ally giggled. "I'll see you tomorrow, Les."

"What is 'you know what'?" I asked, curious.

"You'll see when you get out of the hospital."

I didn't want her to leave, but she did. I just laid in bed, watching a movie that one of the nurses thought I'd like. It's a pretty good movie, but not a movie I'd choose to watch. Ten minutes later, breakfast came. It's waffles, bacon, and eggs. I've never had breakfast before, and it's so damn good. The movie finished, and I finished with my breakfast. I just laid in bed, thinking about what it'd be like to be with Ally at this moment. It was nothing else to do, so I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep, but it took a while.

"Lester, it's lunch!" One of the nurses woke me up by shaking me a bit. I sighed as she put lunch on the table and slid the table to in front of me. I ate the cheeseburger, mac and cheese, and string beans that was on the tray. I have to drink water because of the medicine they put me on. So I finished all of that.

"Can I use the bathroom?" I asked the next nurse who came in.

"Sure."

She helped me up and into the bathroom. Then she helped me back into bed. Getting out and then back in was a killer. But I had to use the bathroom, or my bladder would have burst.

"You want to read or do a word search or something?" she asked.

"I'll read." I faked a smile. I'm still depressed that I can't be with Ally.

The nurse lent me The Outsiders to read. I've always loved this book. I read until dinner time. A nurse came in with a tray of a cheeseburger (again from lunch), string beans (also from lunch), and mashed potatoes. Also a water bottle.

After I ate, I watched TV until it was 10:00. I decided to just go to sleep. Even though I didn't do anything, I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment